View the HTML Version
Sumner Bays Union Trust newseltter
** Sumner Bays Union Trust Newsletter 6 June 2013
I hope you had a great Queen’s Birthday weekend.
** Coming Up
The Music Workshop for seniors which was scheduled for 28 May has been rescheduled for 2 July 2013 from 10.15 am at the old Sumner School hall on Wiggins Street. Tutor Beth Cohen is a very experienced teacher and conductor and this workshop will feature having fun with xylophones. Book in as places are limited.
Wednesday Men’s Night is being held from 7 – 9.30 pm for men aged between 40 and 65 at the Redcliffs Community Shed, 99c Main Road. This will include darts, supper, maybe a guest speaker, and table tennis, and time to work on projects in the workshops if guys would like to do so. Contact Bruce on 384-5018 ext. 1 if you’re interested.
Regular Wednesday Games afternoons will be starting on 19 June, 1 – 3 pm at Redcliffs Community Shed. Cards, puzzles, board games. Everyone welcome.
A Card Making Class is to be held from 11am – 1 pm in the Shed on Wednesday 19 June. Contact Wendy on 376-6400 if you’re interested.
The Healthy Activity, Healthy Eating series of workshops for people aged 65 and over are being held at the Shed on Mondays, 1 – 2 pm, starting on 8 July. Gold coin donation. Facilitator is Kris Tynan. http://gallery.mailchimp.com/646327c1d69038d30b8038d07/files/HAHE_Poster.pdf
Mother Hubbard’s Creative Co-op will be meeting at the Shed on the next two Friday mornings.
A second information session for people interested in becoming visitors through the Age Concern Accredited Visiting Service will be held on Wednesday 12 June at the Shed, 1 pm.
** Congratulations to
* Reg and Rena Dalley who will each receive a community board community service award in June. Reg and Rena have done an enormous amount for the local and wider Christchurch community over the years and their latest achievement has been the success of the OK Corral scooter park in Redcliffs.
* Bailey Peryman, Charli Hately, and the Sumner-van Asch Community Garden for featuring on the front page of the Press recently.
* The Sumner Silver Band for featuring on Afternoons with Jim Mora on Radio New Zealand National last week. Link to podcast is here: http://www.radionz.co.nz/national/programmes/afternoons/audio/2556952/southern-story-for-30-may-2013-sumner-silver-band.asx
** Thank you to:
* Ferrymead Rotary for donating funds for the youth mentoring programme that is about to kick off out of the Redcliffs Community Shed. It was great to show Rotary members around the Shed last Tuesday night despite the snow.
* Keith Laugesen Charitable Trust, the Rotary Neighbourhood Project fund, Sunrise Rotary and Ferrymead Lions for donating funds towards the Shed.
* Air Rescue Services Ltd for donating funds towards the purchase of more instruments for the Sumner Silver Band.
* All our other generous funders that have donated or granted funds to Sumner Bays Union Trust during the 2012-13 financial year. These include (in alphabetical order):
+ Canterbury Community Trust
+ Christchurch City Council Strengthening Communities and Small Grants funds
+ Christchurch Earthquake Appeal Trust & the Vodafone Foundation’s Small Grants fund
+ Lottery Community
+ Ministry of Social Development Community Response fund
+ Pub Charity
+ Southern Trust
+ United Way
From now on I will endeavour to list the funding bodies as they donate or grant funds. Without their support we would not be able to provide or support the range of initiatives that come under the Trust’s umbrella.
A reminder to anyone requiring reimbursement for costs that 30 June 2013 is our end of financial year.
Community Development Worker
Sumner Bays Union Trust
027 781 1348
Copyright © 2013 Sumner Bays Union Trust, All rights reserved.
Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp
** follow on Twitter (https://www.twitter.com/EddieHayes1/
** friend on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/e.hayes4
** forward to a friend (http://us2.forward-to-friend1.com/forward?u=646327c1d69038d30b8038d07&id=8e9869bd4a&e=[UNIQID])
** unsubscribe from this list (http://sumnerbays.us2.list-manage1.com/unsubscribe?u=646327c1d69038d30b8038d07&id=947fe11233&e=[UNIQID]&c=8e9869bd4a)
** update subscription preferences (http://sumnerbays.us2.list-manage.com/profile?u=646327c1d69038d30b8038d07&id=947fe11233&e=[UNIQID])