Purpose of the project: To increase the environmental sustainability of the communities of Sumner, Redcliffs, Mt Pleasant and Heathcote Valley by:
- Enhancing and encouraging participation in community gardening/food forests and other food related initiatives.
- Reducing waste (e.g. reducing the use of plastic, community composting etc.)
- Supporting predator-free initiatives (both existing and new)
- Supporting other local environmental initiatives where appropriate
- Developing capacity within existing volunteer and TimeBanking networks to run a programme on a long term basis.
- Increased community participation in local food-related projects
– Food forests
– Community gardens
- Reduced waste – e.g. fewer plastic bags being used, community composting
- A reduction in predator species and pests (possums, feral cats, rabbits etc.)
- An increase in native birdlife
- An even stronger sense of community.
Contact Robin Arnold on 021 188 4494 or email firstname.lastname@example.org