The Bays Area Senior’s Project group is a collective which consists of the following organisations and community representatives:
- Sumner Bays Union Trust
- Sumner Community Residents’ Association
- Redcliffs Residents’ Association
- Mt Pleasant Community Centre & Residents’ Association
- Heathcote Valley Community Association
- Lyttelton Community House Trust
- Woolston Development Project
- Linwood Central Heathcote Community Governance team
- Matuku Takotako: Sumner Library
We welcome anyone who cares about our seniors (including seniors themselves) to join us.
To enhance well-being and connectedness and reduce social isolation among seniors in the Bays area (Sumner, Redcliffs, Mt Pleasant, Heathcote Valley, Lyttelton, and Woolston)
Our Strategic Objectives:
- Facilitating connections
- Sharing information across our areas
- Linking seniors with groups, services and activities.
- Coordinating and collaborating in our approach
Our Intended Outcomes
- Increased participation among seniors in activities/groups
- Collaboration between organisations operating in the Bays area
- Individuals in our communities know of the choices and opportunities for social connection.
Our project is designed to support seniors in several ways:
- Social work support – carried out by social workers based in Sumner and Lyttelton
- Supporting our local residents to be good neighbours to their senior neighbours
- To highlight opportunities to get involved in social activities in our local community.